Thursday, March 05, 2009

Let's get ready to Rumble...Strips!

Okay, another must see gig at The Rainbow. This time it's the simply showstopping merchants of soul n'roll...The Rumble Strips. I've see 'em before a few times and they've never been anything less than awesome. Hints of Dexy's Midnight Runners, raw 50's rock n'roll and enough brass to restore the nuts to a dozen frozen monkeys (at the very least), they're touring to reveal some of the songs from their forthcoming Mark Ronson assisted album. Yes. Mark Ronson. The man with the midas touch. I hope and I pray that this association will get the band the kudos they so richly deserve. You've got the chance to find out if all my praise is worthwhile (as if you'd doubt me...) by popping along to the gig this Monday, the 9th of March at The Rainbow.

PS: It's the first night of the tour too...they'll be all fresh and sweet smelling.

PPS: Tickets are available here!

No comments: