Thursday, January 19, 2012

Peace of the action



Great to see Birmingham band Peace getting some respect in what's left of the mainstream music press with a Guardian New Band Of The Day slot and a listing in the NME's top 100 bands of 2012 (as if such things really matter nowadays but still, it's good and all that). There's not a huge amount of stuff out there by them yet but you can get a decent idea of their sound with last year's BBLOOD. BBrilliant.

Maybe it's just me but it's getting harder and harder to avoid drowning in the deluge of new bands, new music, new mixes...I reckon Warhol got it wrong...in the future everyone will be in a band for 15 minutes. Personally I fancy being in a 47 piece all girl funk group that lives in a converted bus in Las Vegas and plays for wealthy business men who shower them with gold (no, not golden showers, that's a different kettle of pee). I can't play, dance, sing or do anything of much use for that matter...and I'm not technically a girl...but I do have a silly moustache, that's got to count for something right? Anyway...Peace...great band, go listen.

No comments: