Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love, love me do...

Okay, so I'm too late for Valentine's Day...whatever...did you send me a card? Exactly. Anyway this week saw two love related musical happenings. First up Jack's back, yep former White Stripe and Raconteur Jack White slid out this little beauty. "I want love to roll me over slowly..." don't we all deary? I'd settle for love making me a cup of hot chocolate to be honest but each to their own. It's got a bit of Doors feel this one, Doors meets 60's era Tina Turner. Sweet combo.



The other big love news was the debut gig by ex-Gallows dude Frank Carter's new outfit Pure Love. He's gone from this...



...to this...



Blimey. Not all of the new stuff's slow like this one but this is the track that probably showcases the 'new' voice best of all and, well, I'm impressed. Musically the new band's got both feet in the fairly traditional rock camp but if anyone can bring something fresh to the table it's Frankie boy. Seems he's actually in love now too if a recent Tweet's anything to go by he may even be engaged. Awwwwwww bless. Ain't love grand eh?

No comments: