Thursday, August 08, 2013

'Knife' to hear this again...


Given the unseasonable summer weather we’ve been having his year...unseasonable in the sense that it’s not piddled it down EVERY SINGLE DAY...I’ve been humming various summer time tunes and recently found myself attracted to the sadly underrated Young Knives classic Weekends and Bleakdays (Hot Summer) which I’ll forever associate with my glorious career in advertising back in 2006 (the last time we had a ‘hot summer' in fact). On more than one occasion I was indeed tempted to “pull a sickie” and “do a runner” but, driven by some kind of weird guilt (damn my work ethic), I never did. Well, almost never. Anyway it’s another flimsy excuse to stick another track that I like up here and while we’re at it let’s give one of the band’s new tunes an airing too.  Suffice to say it’s a bit different. Wibbly synths ahoy! Here you go...

The band's new Kickstarter funded album Sick Octave’s out in September and they’re off on tour in September / October as well. Heartily recommended... 

No comments: