Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Totally Irregular New Music Roundup Thingy

I have so much new music to listen to in my in-box that I’ve taken to hiding behind the sofa whenever I open it.  Scary. Oh well, here are a few new tunes that flicked my switch, tickled my fancy and generally interfered with my nether regions today...

The Phoenix Foundation – Evolution Did

How many songs about evolution can you name in 60 seconds? Exactly. Well now, thanks to The Phoenix Foundation, there’s at least one. Bonus points for the vid too...nice to see Einstein on keyboards.


Empty Pools – Exploded View

Cool post rock track gets its groove on.   


La Femme – Packshot

French noir indie pop anyone? Variety c’est la spice de life!


Cub Sport – Paradise

They’re from Oz, they make perfect summer time synth pop records and they’ve possibly seen the video to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody...


Lizzo – Batches and Cookies

One for fans of rap and the Great British Bake Off here. The lovely Lizzo’s on tour with the equally lovely Har Mar Superstar in November too with a gig at the Hare and Hounds on November 14th.  Tickets here! Bring some doughnuts and let’s get mucky...



No comments: