Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Honeyblood - Ready For The Magic




Okay, bear with this video for a second or two...it takes a moment to get going but like the best things in life it's worth the wait. Do I detect a bit of a Bis influence here? Could be. There's also some decent Riot Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl roots showing through which makes me three flavours of chuffed. I'll admit that a lot of music these days makes me want to rip off my own ears and block up the gaping holes with that plastic gunky stuff you use to seal round baths. You know the kind of crap I'm talking about. Endless autotuned drivel, wannabe gangsters and hos and perfectly competent but dulllllllllll singer songwriters elevated to the status of stadium headliners 'cos they had their tracks downloaded a squillion times on i-fuckin-tunes. Bollocks. There's plenty of great stuff still being made though but I get a creeping sense of dread that given the choice most people prefer their music to be a background track to life rather than life itself. Anyway, rant over, play Honeyblood loud and few times and everything will seem a lot better.

PS: In the same vein how come The Pixies are still so freakin' awesome/nuts after 30 years or so?  .



No comments: