Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Great Lost Bands of the Noughties # 4 - Pink Grease




Coming straightoutta Sheffield but clearly channelling prime era glamtastic Bowie, T-Rex and New York Dolls with a little extra electro indie cool Pink Grease could also cut the mustard live as their truly incendiary Bar Academy show demonstrated way back in 2005 (I think I've still got some deeply ingrained sweat somewhere near my nether regions from that night). I loved 'em so, somewhat predictably, they fizzled out having barely made a dent in the musical landscape. I'll admit that I've not listened to them for a few years but revisiting some of the 'should have been' hits I'm frankly even more staggered that they didn't really get anywhere. There's a distinct lack of glam punk around right now, mainly 'cos most of the originators have snuffed it, and maybe there simply isn't the appetite for it but personally I'd smear myself in Pink Grease all over again right here, right now (okay, yes I know what 'Pink Grease' is so maybe I wouldn't but you get the picture...actually, hopefully you don't). Anyway, enjoy. The Pink Grease revival starts here.







PS: Pink Grease's lead singer Rory is now in a band called White Witches, also highly recommended. Come on people what's wrong with you?! Enough fucking Elbow and Ed Sheeran. Agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!



No comments: